The search for Britain's favourite dancer is back! Auditions have already taken place in Manchester, Glasgow, London, Cardiff and Belfast. We will now be holding final auditions in:
LONDON: SUNDAY 21st NOVEMBER from 8.30am – 7.00pm at Toynbee Studios, 28 Commercial Street, London, E1 6AB (Nearest Tube is Aldgate East / Hammersmith & City Line one stop from Liverpool Street, and District Line).
BELFAST: SATURDAY 13th NOVEMBER from 9am – 2.30pm at LA Fitness, 22 Adelaide Street, Belfast. BT2 8GD
CARDIFF: SUNDAY 14th NOVEMBER from 12pm – 7pm at Esporta Cardiff, Welsh National Tennis Centre, Ocean Way, Cardiff, CF24 5HF.
THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO AUDITION FOR THIS SERIES OF SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.
All auditions are open auditions, but if you would like to register, please contact us on 020 8225 6240* or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering prior to an audition may help to reduce waiting time.
*Standard geographic charges apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package. Calls from mobiles may be higher.
If you are part of a group/partnership please bear in mind that you will be judged individually, and from the call-backs onwards you will be competing on your own.
The BBC reserves the right to change audition dates and locations. You are advised to check the website for any information updates.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
ID (ONE of the following)
• Drivers license (if you have a paper driving license you must also bring
additional photo ID)
• Birth certificate (with additional photo ID).
• Music – in the event that you are asked to perform a solo (please see the music section below for details).
WHAT TO EXPECT
In your audition:
• You will be asked to dance in a group with other auditionees.
• You may be asked to perform a piece of choreography created by our team and presented to you on the day.
• You may also be asked to perform a solo of your own creation, to your own choice of music. It must be no longer than 1 minute 30 seconds, so please make sure you have a piece of choreography to perform and you have your music with you. (See below for music details).
Please come prepared for all of the above.
NB. If the style of your solo dance requires a partner, please see below for competing/ non-competing dance partner information.
For the solo auditions, if your dance style requires a partner, you can be accompanied by either a non-competing or competing dance partner:
• Non-Competing Dance Partners:
You can be accompanied to the audition by a non-competing dance partner, who will dance with you for your solo performance, but will not be judged themselves. Non-competing dance partners must also be over 18 before or on 16/04/2011. All non-competing dance partners will also have to complete and sign an audition release form prior to taking the stage, and their performance footage may be featured in the programme. They must also bring photo identification. (See ‘what to bring’ on the previous page.)
• Competing Dance Partners:
Competing dance partners are permitted to accompany each other in the solo auditions. You may have two separate auditions, with each individual being judged separately.
You may be asked to perform a short piece of choreography to your own choice of music that is no longer than 1 minute 30 seconds, please make sure you have a performance piece prepared and that you bring your music with you.
• We recommend that you bring at least 2 options of songs/ music that you can dance to.
• All audition music must be brought in CD format.
• These music tracks should not contain either sexually explicit or overly violent lyrics.
• In order to ensure that the music is of a good quality, we also recommend you bring the songs on a CD that has been bought commercially.
• For our clearance purposes you must provide the record label and information for all music (which can be found on the CD). Songs downloaded from the internet, or a contestant created mix, are less likely to be cleared for use on TV. In this event, or any other in which we deem your music choices unsuitable, we will ask you to perform to one of the tracks from our lists.
Please try to arrive at the audition venue as close to the when the doors open as possible. If you are unable to get there for that time, please come along as early as you can. We would advise you to be there at least 90 minutes before the doors close to give you the best chance of being seen, however we will endeavour to see everyone, (although if you arrive once the doors are closed this may be unlikely). If we experience an unprecedented number of auditionees, we will endeavour to make arrangements to see you at an alternative venue.
We apologise if this happens but we cannot accept liability for any consequences of this happening.
Please check the website for information regarding the times for each location.
Please note that these could be long days. We recommend you wear appropriate clothing, as you may have to queue outside. Toilet facilities will be available, but we are unable to provide childcare facilities. We cannot provide refreshments for you and whilst there may be facilities to obtain refreshments at your own cost at the venue we cannot guarantee this and you are strongly advised to bring your own food and drink with you.
If you consider yourself to have a disability and require any extra help, support or advice for your audition, please have a word with any of the audition team as soon as you arrive.
We recommend that you keep your whole day free.
For filming purposes, you must not wear any article of clothing with visible designer, sports or any other name, logos and/or artwork subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws, or clothing showing the name and/or likeness of a celebrity, living or dead.
i.e. please avoid clothing with heavy branding, logos, photographic images, or cartoon characters.
The BBC reserves the right to refuse you an audition at any time at its sole discretion and will not be required to give any reason for such refusal.
Please note that by attending the audition, whether you are in the queue or in the venue, you are giving your consent to be filmed as part of the programme.
Please keep an eye on the site for all the latest audition information.